Security is a major issue and the foundation built by the certification of the safest truck drivers. On the other hand, the truck driver is also responsible for the correctness of the medical exam. If the applicant does not disclose medical information to obtain certification, medical certificates may be considered invalid and civil penalties may be levied against the driver.
So, in order to comply with safety, the medical examiner must enforce the rules and the driver must provide medical information that is needed to qualify.
Here are some of the essential requirements before you apply for trucking jobs and the tips that will help you to clear your truck driving job medical:
1. Bring the previous form of medication for the next medical examination.
2. Bring a list of current medications you are taking and also carry the name and contact number of the doctor who prescribed medication for you.
Image Source: Google
3. When you fill out the health history of the medical form, do your best to explain the previous or current medical conditions you have.
4. If you have high blood pressure or diabetes:
– Make sure you follow your doctor's instructions when taking prescribed medications.
– Be prepared to give your last reading log.
5. Supply of medical examiners with the necessary medical release (s).
– Circumstances may warrant medical release:
* Any history of the heart (MI, stent "angioplasty" Bypass surgery, cardiovascular conditions, Pacemaker, valve replacement)
* Damage to the brain
* Psychological / psychiatric disorders (depression, ADHD, Anxiety, PTSD)
* Previous bone or joint surgery
* Chronic low back pain
* Muscular Diseases
* Episode loose change or awareness
* The history of fainting, dizziness
These tips will definitely help you while you are applying for the truck driving jobs.