Among most organization's essential requirements is a decent and continuous leadership training program. Unfortunately, while some organizations produce and administer one, many don't include the necessary components to properly or train leaders.
Leadership program is a lot more than simply discussing the philosophy of leadership, or some random ideas about governance, or merely providing manuals for new leaders. Effective leadership development program is a continuing exercise, and must include certain key topics.
Image Source: Google
(1) The Decision- Making Process: New and potential leaders should be trained in all of the variables involved in arriving at a well thought-out decision.
This training must demonstrate the dangers of making hasty conclusions, in addition to the risks of becoming indecisive. It has to include training in data analysis, human relations, understanding human nature, etc.
(2) Assessment: This training has to effectively train leaders at the procedure and implementation of evaluating situations, and create an understanding of various ramifications.
(3) Communication Skills: Leaders need to learn and understand communicating requires a lot more than e-mailing. It involves using all communication places including face-to-face, one-to-one, presentations/ addresses, telephone, texting, conference calls, Webinars, etc.
(4) Emphasis on Membership: Leaders must understand their responsibility is to do what is always in the best interest of the organization and its associates.
(5) Organizational Orientation and Historical Perspective: Prospective leaders must fully comprehend the organization's mission, and should have a vision that is related to the assignment. They need to also understand something about the heritage, so that they can better inter-relate with membership.