Workforce diversity is a rapidly growing trend in the business world, and for good reason. Accumulating diversity is not only a good moral choice, it offers many tangible benefits for productivity, innovation, and productivity. Notable advantages include:
- A wider range of skills and experience in your team
- Increased awareness of language and culture
- A larger and more diverse group of candidates
Due to having these benefits, it has been shown that a diverse workforce is better at solving problems, avoids the “echo camera” mentality or confirmation bias much more effectively, and stimulates more creativity and innovation in the workplace. This leads to better solutions and results in general. However, there are so many websites such as https://www.diversely.io/recruitment-tools/diversity-insights-report that helps in providing diversity recruiting tools.
Image Source: Google
The results speak for themselves:
- Companies with diverse management teams achieve 19% higher sales.
- Different companies are 1.7 times more likely to be innovation leaders in their market segment.
- 67% of job seekers state that diversity is an essential aspect when considering a company.
- 85% of CEOs say having a diverse workforce has led to better results.
How to recruit a diverse workforce:
A great way to ensure that you are recruiting a diverse audience is to make sure that the applicants for your starting position are different. Here are some techniques to increase the diversity of your sourcing candidates:
- Check your job posting
- Target sources where different candidates congregate
- Encourage your diverse employees to show their connections
- Offer internships to target groups
- Develop a corporate brand that showcases your diversity
- Create a company policy that appeals to different candidates