A hot water heater has a tendency to fail when you need them the most. That being said, if you make sure to inspect and maintain your water heater especially before the winter sets in you can avoid many of these problems. Some of the problems the most common heating hot water includes:
There are various companies that provide hot water repairs in Dandenong.
- Little or no hot water
- Rust in the water
- The smell of rotten eggs
- A rumble or popping sounds
- Leaks around the base of your heating
- whining sound
- prepare for work
Before doing DIY or troubleshooting repair the hot water heater you do the following:
- Turn off gas or electricity for heating.
- Turn off the water valve.
- Drain all the water by opening the valve located at the bottom of your water heater.
Possible cause of no hot water includes:
- A pilot bad gas
- A faulty gas control valve
- A thermocouple spoiled
Possible solutions to this problem:
- Check whether the pilot flame is burning gas. If it does not burn then it means that the gas does not flow as it should.
- Reposition, tighten or replace your thermocouple.
- Changing the control valve.
You must ensure that your water heater is not overtaxed. You must have a 40-gallon water heater if the request requires 30 gallons for 75% of its capacity needs to be heated.
Check to see if a connection has crossed over to turn off the water supply. Open the hot water tap if you still see the water flowing then you have a cross-connection. The most common problem is the hot water line connected to the cold water inlet as dishwasher, shower or faucet valve.