When you experience stiffness in your teeth and gums, it's important to see a dentist as soon as possible. Teeth and gums can become stiff due to a variety of causes, such as age, tooth decay, or periodontal disease. If left untreated, stiffness can lead to further tooth decay and even gum disease.
You can also browse online resources to find more information about dentists in Greenville TX. Here are some tips to keep your teeth and gums healthy:
1. Visit your dentist regularly. A routine check-up can help identify any problems early on, before they worsen.
Image Source: Google
2. Clean your teeth and gums regularly. Toothpaste and floss are both important tools for keeping your teeth and gums clean. Be sure to brush the back and sides of your teeth as well as the chewing surfaces of your jaws.
3. Avoid tooth decay. Cavities form when bacteria eats away at the protective layer around our teeth's hard deposits (enamel). To prevent cavities from forming, make sure to brush and floss regularly, avoid eating sugary foods and drinks, and get regular dental check-ups.
4. Avoid periodontal disease. Periodontal disease is a condition that affects the supporting structures around your teeth.
5. Avoid smoking cigarettes. Smoking damages blood vessels in your body and increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, lung cancer and COPD.