Nick has just completed his bachelor's degree in finance. He is toying with the idea of pursuing a career in Procurement and Contracting.Procurement contracts are the agreements to use certain products and services on a project.
However, he needs to be sure that this would be a right move. His neighbour Adam is a highly qualified professional, providing procurement training for various public sector organisations.
Adam has advised Nick to consider a career in this specialised field for multiple reasons –
- Many businesses seek procurement professionals to deliver Growth in volatile market conditions
- Procurement is recognised as one of the major contributors to company growth and improve margins.
- Furthermore, procurement specialists are important members for any major decisions in the company attending boardroom meetings too.
- This is one of the sectors where novices are given the opportunity to prove their worth and take charge of projects from start to end.
- The scope of procurement is wide, offering a variety of projects. For e.g. some projects may focus on analytics while others would need hands on approach.
- This field is focused outwards which means one gets to interact with individuals from various sectors resulting in cross industry experience
- It gives an opportunity to deal with difficult suppliers as well as work through mergers and acquisitions.
- One who looks for challenges, this is the right option. Here performance more than anything else drives career progression.
Nick`s doubts are cleared, and he takes the decision to go in for procurement and contracting courses at one of the best specialist providers.