Carbon capture technology helps to capture the CO2 emissions from the industries such as cement and steel production, or the burning of fossil fuels in power generation. The carbon is then transported through ships or underground pipelines where it was produced, then stored deep underground in geological formations. Various companies are helping industries in offering carbon capture technology to reduce their impact on our world. You can get knowledge about the carbon capture steel industry via https://www.dasturenergy.com/iron-steel/.
Dastur Energy is helping steel producers transition to low-carbon emissions steel through viable mega-scale solutions across the entire steel production value chain.
The carbon capture steel solution they offer to their clients includes:
- Gas conditioning, fuel conversion, CO2 capture retrofit, and generation of low carbon energy carriers
- H2 based iron & steelmaking
- CO2 capture & utilization
- Feedstock optimization
Their robust process models accurately predict the appropriate feedstock blends required for the low-carbon emission steel production process:
- Iron making: Coal / Coke / Natural Gas / Syngas / H2 / Biomass / Plastics
- Steel making: Hot Metal / Scrap / DRI / HBI / Pig iron
- Syngas (as a reducing agent): Coal / Petcoke / Biomass
Dastur Energy helps their clients in enabling low-carbon emissions in steelmaking through cost-effective solutions based on their IP. In order to reduce the cost of green H2, They developed their sustainable H2 sourcing strategies ranging from biomass, coal, petcoke to natural gas to waste gas utilization in combination with Carbon capture Utilization and storage.